Tuesday, October 22, 2019

No More Melflufen

In my last post, I mentioned that Melflufen did not seem to be doing anything for me but that they wanted to get the results of last Wednesday's test before reaching a definite conclusion. Today, they called me to tell me not to bother coming in tomorrow for my scheduled treatment. The test confirmed that Melflufen is not helping me - at least not much. This was no surprise to me. They asked me if I want to come in tomorrow anyway for IVIG, I politely declined.

The plan is for me to come in next Tuesday and meet with my oncologist. Hopefully, he will have some ideas as to what to try.

Meanwhile, I am feeling pretty good. I mentioned that last week's transfusion helped, but did not make me feel like Superman. I expected immediate results, but the improvements have come slowly. I have been feeling a little better every day. Not sure why, but it could be that it has been long enough that the negative effects of the Melflufen are starting to fade. I am still not my old self, but I have again started using the stairs at Fox Hill and while I get winded after two flights, it is not too bad. A year or two ago, I would do 30 flights as a short workout. Maybe I can work back up to that.

One thing that has come up is that I am getting pains at the base of my skull. This has slowly been coming on for the last 8 or 10 months. The nurse practitioner sent me for an MRI and based on this, concluded that I need physical therapy. After reading the report, her conclusion is not passing my BS detector and I have asked my Primary Care Doctor to take a look as see if he wants to recommend someone who knows more about this stuff.

Someone recently asked me about the lump in my leg. That is gone. They did an ultrasound then a CT scan then an MRI (your tax dollars at work). I have decided that the problem was a paper towel holder mounted under my desk that kept hitting the leg at the site of a previous injury. I removed the paper towel holder and the cure started immediately.

That's all for now. I will try to post an update after we meet with the oncologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment